Monday 6 May 2013

Baby? Travel? No Stroller? NO WAY....

So in a few weeks my husband, son and I will be heading on a very long journey. I have been feeling pretty nervous about it, especially when I think of all the stuff we have to bring. One thing that will lighten the load is babywearing, so the plan is to travel from BC Canada to Estonia strollerless, are we crazy? I don't think so...
Didymos Indio Karibik 2

So just to test the water and see if we were crazy we went on two mini trips (not just for this reason) and I brought 3 wraps each time and my husband brought a Mei Tai.

The first leg of our trip to Seattle was a ferry ride!




I have to say there is definitely no need for a stroller on a ferry full of stairs. I would of had to pace the boat looking for an elevator, instead I had time for a cuddled up dance party. 




We apparently thought taking pictures in Seattle was for chumps, but I can assure you we were there and it was fun! As for the no stroller it was great, I wrapped my son and walked around the whole downtown. It was great because I didn't have to weave around people or navigate tiny isles in shops. When it came napping time, my son cuddled up on me and slept great.  Plus I didn't feel any pain whatsoever. This is the amazing thing about wraps, they are completely adjustable so it will fit to your body's needs perfectly.


We then took a road trip up Vancouver Island, to Tofino (a tiny surf town with an amazing forest). 


Oscha Braid Pine 4

Sometimes and I mean by that a lot of the time, choosing the wraps you wear/bring is part of the fun. I was pretty excited to bring my Oscha Braid Pine into the Red Wood forest, Cathedral grove. It was majestic, plus my son was at eye level with me so he could see the beauty and touch things too.


Wrapping was great for impromptu walks, no need to get a stroller from the car and set it up. Plus I didn't need to lug it down to the beach.
Vatanai Solsbury 4

The beach, man was wrapping perfect for it. There would have been no way to get a stroller down to the sand, so I would have been stuck carrying Miles and all the beach gear, truly a life saver. Also awesome for my son who unexpectedly wouldn't let his feet touch sand for the first day, I could carry him to the water and my arms didn't hurt.


We also went for a walk in the rainforest and this board walk/stairway was the whole path. I would have had to stay in the car if it wasn't for babywearing. Plus my son was asleep (transfered from his carseat) and got to have an amazing nature nap. I was a little jealous of that.

So from this experiment I no longer have any fears about not bringing a stroller on our journey. I actually couldn't be more excited. I get to be less loaded down with stuff and get snuggles from my growing boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment