Thursday 30 May 2013

Getting Your Money's Worth

There really is no need for more than two wraps, one short and one long. People will argue for days whether or not there is a need for any at all, but I am firm in my belief that if you want to wrap your baby two is a must. But when you have the disposable income and you are really interested in wraps, your stash might grow, and grow and grow and.....well grow.

In January, my stash (collection of wraps) filled only half the cupboard in the photo below, I had 5 wraps. I tell you this interest is a slippery slope, I am now up to twelve. TWELVE! that is craziness, how did this happen? Well to tell you the truth I am not unhappy about it, nor do I feel like I have wasted my money. I only buy things when I have money to pay for them and I try to keep my stash in check.

One way to know that I am keeping my stash in check is to sometimes have my wrap storage look like this:

I know when I see all the wraps tussled and tossed that I am really using them. That, yes I don't need all these wraps, but at least I am using them all. I know from every wrinkle on every wrap that I have had so many sweet snuggles with my little boy, and I think that is something to be cherished.

Every time my stash gets to this point I take the time to fold and put them away properly, I get to appreciate these wraps in a different way, as pieces of art. They make my bedroom look colourful and vibrant. So I think a post fold photo is very necessary.

I also then get a chance to assess my stash, see what I am using and what I am not. If a wrap is still folded, I take the time to think about it. Was it folded last time I had to do my "big fold", if it was it may be time to consider letting that one go. Sometimes this is hard because somehow you form sentimental attachments to these pieces of fabric. But in the end if you pass it along to another Mum it will be getting the love and use it deserves. 


Right now I have found I have two wraps consistently folded, so it comes time to suck it up and list one of them. The other is a wool blend and just needs to be stored until next fall. The exciting thing about selling something is then you have the funds available for something else, maybe a new release? (the true sign of a wrap addict, always searching for your next score).

Post Fold Photo and the Break Down:

Left to Right, Top to Bottom:            
Artipoppe Argus Revo 2            Didymos BHP 4 (Temp Trade)   Didymos Orient 3   Didymos Indio Karibik 2
Pavo Parterre Fawn 3 (Traveller) Oscha JKSC   4 (Traveller)        Oscha SNV 4/5      Oscha Strato Aequus 2
Didymos NLI 4                          Oscha Zen Roses 7                 Vatanai Solsbury 4 Oscha Braid Pine 4
Missing:                                                                                 Storch Leo B&W 5
Linuschka Kalejdoskop Lila 5 (Temp Trade)
Hoppediz Osaka 8 (On the Way)

No comments:

Post a Comment