Sunday 2 June 2013

Warped and Wonderful: Review



So I had the privilege of hosting a Warped and Wonderful tester for a week a few weeks ago. I was super excited about this one, because there is so much talk over these beautiful handwovens! Warped and Wonderful wraps are the handiwork of the lovely Vila Cox, in Boise Idaho. She has so many great resources to get to know more about her and her work, here are some:

There truly is so much information out there about these wraps, but nothing really compares to trying it yourself.

This is a size 7 in the "Fern" pattern, in Peacock. I have to admit I was a little overwhelmed by the size, my base size is a 4 so I had tails to my ankles in DH with a half knot chest belt. Plus this conveniently came during an early May heat wave, so it was a wee bit steamy. 



In hand this wrap feels quite a bit heftier than any other wrap I have felt, yet still had an airy sense to it. The weaving is immaculate, such a treat to look at, and as an added bonus the threads have a shimmer to them which is quite lovely!  


When it came down to wrapping with it, it was a bit of a workout, part because of the length and also because of the thickness and grip. The wrap has a good amount of grip to it, so it stays in place quite well. Once wrapped, Fern was rock solid, even a sloppy wrap job was comfortable. There is a great stretch to Fern, so the wrap moves with you as you walk, but not in an "hurt the shoulders" kind of way. It truly was a lovely wrap, and I really enjoyed the time I had with it.



Finally on it's last day here, our weather cooled down and I didn't feel crazy hot in this wrap. So we had a LONG wrap nap and my shoulders were thanking me that I used Fern. I was definitely sad to see this go, but if I was to seek out a Warped and Wonderful of my own I think it would have to be a shorty, preferably a size 2. It has all the best qualities of an amazing shorty, it has cush that goes on for days, visual impact and long lasting hold, to me that spells a perfect 10 in a DH Rebozo (my favourite carry).


No comments:

Post a Comment