Sunday 21 July 2013

Confessions of a lazy wrapper


I am a LAZY wrapper. I don't like to learn new carries. I primarily use one length all day (a 3 usually) and I rotate Kangaroo (front), Ruck (back) and Robbins (hip) depending on how my body feels, what Elias needs or what we are doing. 

I check for safety, not perfection. 

A bit too much slack is fine by me (as long as it's not the top rail. See an earlier post where I learned its necessary to ensure the top rail is nice and tight for safety reasons). 

Knee to knee is a laughable goal with Elias to begin with. I can get it, but it doesn't last long - so usually I don't bother. 

A deep seat. Ha! I tuck the wrap into his pants and call it good enough. 

Moral of the story. I am a lazy wrapper! I am impatient and hasty and want to get out the door, not mess around with strand by strand tightening. 


Yet, I love wearing Elias. I do for hours everyday. So does my husband and my mother-in-law. The attachment, and closeness it offers is amazing. The ease and portability is wonderful and simple. The look/prettiness is super fun. So, to any other lazy wrappers out there, I just wanted you to know, you're not alone!


No comments:

Post a Comment