Friday 5 July 2013

No Stroller Necessary!

Top to Bottom: Argus Revo 2, Indio Karibik 2, Kalejdoskop Lila 5, Penumbra Shadow 2, Vatanai Solsbury 4
I am going photo bomb the heck out of this post, because my husband took some lovely photos! So I will start with the writing, so it doesn't get too jumbled.
I
f you haven't read previous posts, I will catch you up. I was a bit worried before we set off on a two week journey to Tallinn, Estonia for a friend's wedding that consisted of 2 planes each way which meant traveling for 24 hours. We were also going to be in a foreign place and I wasn't sure what the napping situation would be. But then I considered the hassle of lugging a stroller everywhere and the choice was made, no stroller for us.

It took a while to consider what I was bringing and for a while I settled on four. These are the reasons:
Artipoppe Argus Revo 3 meters, this is because this wrap is amazing all around for me. It is my perfect size, in between a 2 and 3. It is the softest wrap in existence I am pretty sure. And it looks awesome as a scarf when my toddler wants down.

Didymos Indio Karibik 2.5 meters, this came because it is a great beach wrap and it is the only wrap I can rebozo in, because it is short. Plus it is so squishy!

Linuschka Kalejdoskop Lila 4.2 meters, this came because I figured when I need to wrap and walk for hours, the 100% linen would be amazing in the heat. (and it was)

Vatanai Solsbury 3.6, this came because it is like a second skin to me, the perfect wrap for front sleepy snuggles and a go-to to get a good carry.

That was it and yes it is excessive, but I think I have been clear that I am a wrap addict. Then suddenly a new wrap had to be added, a last minute purchase (oops my wrap addict is showing).

Pavo Penumbra Shadow 2.7 meters, this had to come for three reasons, one: it was new and exciting (I got it the day before we left), two: it was the only wrap that matched the outfit I was wearing to the wedding we were going to and three: it has some pretty amazing reviews on its wrapping qualities.

So five it was, and man I don't regret bringing that many at all. Revo was probably used the most because it was thin and airy for the heat, but provided lovely support. Karibik was beat up a bit on the trip, it was used to tie to high chairs, as a beach blanket and rocked the rebozo and ruck. Lila was everything I wanted it to be, I can attribute my lack of sweat on a few days to it. Solsbury was comfy and cosy as it always is and it looked great with one of my outfits. And Shadow was all and more I was hoping, I used it on both travel days. That meant it was consistently worn for 24 hours straight and my shoulders and back could not thank Pavo enough, there are no words for how amazing this wrap is.

As for being stroller free it was perfect, at no point did I feel I was missing it, in fact I really have no idea how we would have traversed the cobble stones of Old Town, Tallinn in it. Babywearing saves the day yet again!
First wrap nap of the trip, on the ferry to Vancouver from Victoria

This kind of sleeping didn't last the whole way, I could have used it at hour 7 on our 10 hour plane ride.

We made it, and on the first outing I used not one but two of my five wraps!

I forgot to pack the Mei Tai for my husband so this is his foray into wrapping, I must say he killed the kangaroo!

Look at those sleepy eyes!!
Shadow got lots of love!


Nothing better to comfort a sad toddler than a little wrapping!

Dressed up babywearing!!

Miles accompanied me as I read a poem at the wedding!

Tightest chest pass I think I have ever gotten! I love Revo so much!

These are the smoothest of the cobbles, so a stroller didn't stand a chance!

Nothing better than this!


International wrap meet-up, no matter where you are there is always one person to geek out with. In this case just one.


The benefit to wrapping a toddler, is when they inevitably want to walk, your wrap fits in a bag and you can hold their hand and enjoy it, instead of pushing a stroller!

There was a lot of sleeping like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment