Sunday 8 September 2013

Choosing What you Like.

How do you, in the vast array of wraps out there, choose one? There are so many different wrapping qualities, aesthetics, price.

Well I found once I learned what I liked in a wrap, it helped me with narrowing down my choices. And of course the only real way to do this is to try lots of wraps, or at least find one that knocks your socks off.

I found once I tried things I didn't like and things I really liked, I could narrow down my taste in wraps.

I'll use myself as an example. The first wrap I met was a Didymos Nature Linen Indio, it was smooth, medium thickness, and fluffy so it had some cush for your shoulders. I love this wrap, but it actually took some time to realize it. I sold it and then bought it back because I hadn't tried enough to know what I liked.

I then tried a machine woven Ellevill Zara which quite thin and very textured. I love the thickness of it, but I really didn't care for the texture.

So just from these two wraps I found a few things out about my wrapping tastes, I don't like an overly textured/grippy wraps, I like thin-medium thickness wraps and I love an airier/floofier weave to give my boney
shoulders some cush.

From trying lots of  wraps now, I know what I like in wraps. Of course there are some wraps that can sway my decision for one way or another but for the most part what I like is very similar.

What I look for in a wrap is:
A smooth texture
Thin to medium thickness
Some diagonal stretch to give bounce (to act as shock absorption)
Soft materials (so it is nice to the touch)


There is one wrap that is my favourite that doesn't fit all these criteria, but these aren't hard and fast rules to live by just some tips to make it easier when thinking about a wrap you have never tried.

2 comments:

  1. I ahd my wrap style naikled down until Pavo came on the scene. They've completely changed my wrap tastes. Well, having a newborn didn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I would never have pegged myself for a dense wrap person, but Parterre, all of them are my perfect wrap.

      Delete