Sunday 29 September 2013

Making the Cuts When you Need to

Well obviously I am the worst blogger in the world, but let's just carry on!!

I recently had to make some tough stash decisions. I am sure everyone has been there at some point in their life. You really want something, but you don't have the funds so you must sell something first. Well recently I did that, not once but twice, and yes I feel the sting.


I am a firm believer that stash size is not a problem as long as you can afford what you are buying. So I don't think too much about my number of wraps (still in the medium size stash range), but I do think of money. I really consider whether I have the money to spend on something, and if I am willing to sell something to pay for something, but it really has to catch my eye to do that since I love all my wraps. Well recently I let go of a few lovelies and had to recreate one of my all time favourites. 

First up, I had a pre-order that I was for sure needing to get, so I had to figure out where the funds were coming from. So for that pre-order I said goodbye to all these lovelies, and I will commemorate them in photos. They all treated me kindly! I have no photos of the pre-order yet, but come January there will be some spam.
I said goodbye to my beloved Ergo, it served it's purpose well, but it's time had come.

Probably the shortest life span in my stash, but I had borrowed it from a friend and loved it for a while. Lisca Arancia, what a lovely wrap, perfect for squishes and toddlers!
I also had to say hello to my beloved Kalejdoskop in a new way, this lovely was chopped to a super shorty 2.1 meters, and I sold the ring sling piece to an ISO mum. But this wrap really shines in a shorty, it is the perfect rebozo wrap and makes a rad scarf. 
 One of my wraps also left in a trade, and I am super excited about it's replacement Teviot.
Indio Karibik left but it will surely be missed a lovely soft indio, that was a great beach wrap, plus the colour was divine.
This is lovely Teviot, that replaced Karibik. It was a perfect trade, because this super soft wooly is the best fall wrap and has been on my list to try since I first started wrapping.
And finally with a heavy heart my Revo went to live in it's rightful home, with a Mum who will love it. I am replacing it with a lovely handwoven Heartiness to get my red fix, but it is coming all the way from Russia so I have to be patient.
Revo was my first truly exciting purchase and it was hard to say goodbye, because the 100% egyptian cotton suited my wrapping tastes perfectly. I definitely could not double hammock in this small of a wrap with any other wrap. 
Photo from Heartiness, because it is en route to me, but I am excited to give this cashmere some love!

1 comment:

  1. I feel nostalgic that karibik left. I first got into wrapping because of your blog and my first 2 wraps were karibik and aequus because of your lovely pictures!~

    ReplyDelete