Thursday 25 April 2013

Estrangement and Realization

Wow a whole week since a post, I thought it was 2 days. This has been a crazy fast week, we also have an amazing friend visiting and I want to spend all my time with her.

But in my wrap life I have had some lows and some super high highs! I have been trying to come to grips with my new policy on one in one out. Especially when you have committed yourself to selling something and it doesn't sell.

I decided to sell my Oscha Strato Aequus size 2, I wasn't using it and it felt like the natural choice. I was in need of selling because I had my sights set high for my next purchase. So I listed it and it sat there, the trouble with listing a wooly in the summer. So the plan of attack was to use it a lot and well crap I fell in love again. It is such a great wrap! So for now it stays, even though there is one interested Mum. 
Photo by Kristy Westendorp Photography

After this I was feeling a little down about not being able to sell it, but I refocussed on what I really wanted in my collection. It came down to only having wraps I love, or buying wraps I think I would love. So there was only one option I had, because I love all my wraps, but still want to snag some amazing things. I decided I would sell nothing unless I actually buy one of the amazing things on my list. So there they sat my lovely wraps, not one leaving and they were getting lots of love. 

Top: India (silk) 2, Strato Aequus 2, Braid Pine 4, NLI 4, Orient 3, SNV 4/5, Solsbury 4, Indio Karibik 2, Lila 5
on loan: Leo B&W 5

My in search of list is very small, I have most things I ever desperately wanted. There are definitely beautiful things out there, but nothing that stops me in my tracks. That is except the elusive Uppymama, really a pipe dream that I don't invest too much sorrow in and the new kids on the block, Pavo Textiles, specifically Etini or whatever the seafoam one is in the teaser photo. And then what I think was true wrap love, Two Birds from Artipoppe (and ANYTHING from Artipoppe).

Three wraps, that isn't a lot, and fortunately they were almost impossible... until yesterday. When I happened to be in the right place at the right time, with the right windows open (and conveniently signed in to Etsy). Artipoppe released Argus Revo and I was able to snag a 2. I am living on a high. The Revo I snagged was 1 of 10 out there, so it only happened by sheer luck.

Artipoppe's Revo that will come live with me
https://www.facebook.com/Artipoppe?fref=ts
So now I have to adhere to my one in one out policy and I have listed my Tussah Silk India 2. Which will be tough to let go of, but having this replace it softens the blow.

Also there will be a review posted on Sunday of something SUPER SPECIAL and then a brief hiatus for a family vacation, final editions to "Getting your Baby on you Back".

No comments:

Post a Comment