Friday 22 March 2013

Adventures in Weaving, the final edition (this round)

So here it is, the end of my first project! I am pretty happy with it! The colours are just so beautiful! It might be on the short side, because it really is my husband's scarf, but that is OK.

The final steps in the process was washing, drying and ironing.

I washed in the tub, with a natural detergent, made locally (so no harsh chemicals). 

I didn't know if I was supposed to squeeze the water out. I was afraid I would felt it, so I just did a gentle push.


I laid it out on my spindly wrack on towels so it wouldn't crease. Then while still damp gave it a good steam iron.



Here it is in action, my husband was in his pajamas, so opted for this action shot.


I think I might wear it sometimes too.

I definitely will be trying this again! I enjoyed it so much, now the task is making a baby wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment