Thursday 7 March 2013

The Return


 Didymos NLI Size 7

Nature Linen Indio, my very first wrap. First things always hold a nostalgic feeling, but rarely do you get to relive it. I got that experience two days ago, when NLI (nature linen indio) made it's way back to me. As I have said before, when I first bought NLI, I was new to wrapping, and got this wrap two sizes too big for me. I felt lost with it and quickly traded it away for a wrap that would work better.

Even then I felt regretful when I gave it to the postman, but I was too chicken to chop it to a better size. As I acquired more wraps and started to learn more about wrapping qualities, I soon realized that I had made a mistake letting it go. So I have been on the search, waiting for the stars to align, for when a NLI in a size 4 or smaller came up and of course I needed the money for it. So finally it all worked out and it has made it's way home.
Little Elias' first time wrapped in a woven!

When my husband came to pick me up from work, he had the package. It was unexpectedly early (since it shipped from Hawaii). I was so excited, but I had to wait to wrap Miles, because it was his bedtime when we got home. So I spent the evening staring at it and taking pictures, waiting to see if I had just hyped it up in my mind, or if it really was amazing.
Didymos NLI size 4

So the next day, Miles was being wrapped, rain or shine!! ( it happened to be rain)
The verdict is, it is better than I remembered, it is beautiful to look at and above that amazing to wrap with. It is medium-thick, extra cushy and stays put. I couldn't be happier to have this in my collection. I had toyed with the idea of dyeing it, but now that it is here, I think it must stay in it's natural state!

Miles is pretty excited to have it back too!

I thought I would also include for all you beginners out there, a success story: The photos below are of my first carry and one of my recent carries, both in NLI. 

The first photo, is an atrocious wrap job. The chest pass isn't even close to being tight, enough room for another baby maybe. My top rails are VERY lose, Miles is basically hanging off my back. (It must have been so uncomfortable).

Can you see the difference in the second photo?
Skin tight chest pass   check
Nice tight top rail    check
Comfy Mum and Miles   check

So I have to urge you newbies out there, if you are frustrated, struggle on, because soon it won't be a struggle. You will master this skill, it just takes practice and a wrap that isn't two sizes too big!



2 comments:

  1. My first wrap still lives here, a 4.8 m Leo Marine. Some of my early shots look like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leos are such perfect wraps! No wonder it stuck around!

      Delete