Tuesday 12 March 2013

So Close!

I am at the end of my warp threads, I know this has taken me an unreasonable amount of time. I guess I could blame it on being a Mum, but really it is because I have neglected it. I also ran into a little hiccup, joining in new weft thread. It literally took me a week alone to go into the shop and ask for help (the answer took 2 minutes).
So after my short lesson that night I got to work, weaving away. I was actually 20 minutes away from finishing when I hit the road block. Weaving is so therapeutic, I could do it for hours if I had the time! I used to crochet and really loved it but it was so hard on my hands, weaving is just enjoyable.



 Then came the chopping it off the loom SCARY!!! It was hard to take photos and chop, so you just get the result. It was so satisfying when I unrolled the scarf from the loom, it was the first time I got to look at my work!

 Just one more step until it is completed, a bath. Then there will be action shots!!

3 comments:

  1. beautiful! How long do you figure it took?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am trying to do the calculations, because it was so broken up. I am think probably 3 hours give or take.

    ReplyDelete