Friday 22 February 2013

Mustering Up the Courage

As I may have stated before, I had a wrap that was too long, I traded it and always regretted it. So when I had the opportunity to buy Starry Night Vespers (my dream wrap), it didn't matter that it was too big. Today I did what I was too scared to do with my Indio a few months back, chop it!
Front to back: Linuschka Kalejdoskop Lila Size 4, Oscha Starry Night Vespers (now) Size 4/5, Oscha Strato Aequus Size 2
My collection of purple wraps! They all served a purpose in this difficult task. Strato I used to mimic the oscha taper, to make it easier to cut. Lila is my favourite length, so I used that to see how long to cut it. 


Nothing is as striking as a beautiful wrap completely laid out! I had never really seen it like this, and it just made it hard to chop, but gosh it is so long...must be done!

The point of the chop! I just had to stab my favourite wrap, nothing compared to what happened next. I was VERY hesitant. 



We did this in a cheating kind of way, instead of measuring out the taper, I used another Oscha taper. I know cue the gasps, but they are almost identical I checked! Plus this wrap is never leaving, so it is mine to devalue! HAHA









I don't think I took one breath the entire time. People were asking if me or the wrap cried, but there were no tears. Vespers and I both knew that two people get to love it now, why not share the love. (The 1 meter scrap can be used to make all sorts of things) 


What's done, is done! And now to be re-hemmed, and delivered to a local Mum to make some wonderful creation!!


No comments:

Post a Comment