Wednesday 20 February 2013

The Feeling of Success

Miles in Didymos Nature Linen Indio Size 7

So when you first start wrapping, your carry might look like mine up there, just awful. I was not experienced at all, I never had seen anyone wrap, was using an unbroken-in thick wrap and was wrapping with a 7 (3 sizes above my base size). Now that all the blaming is done, I just sucked at it. This first time was so hard I was sweating by the end. Miles could probably turn around in this Double Hammock it was so loose. I was lucky in one regard, that Miles was super patient with me. I made him sit through so many practice attempts.

Over the next few days and fail attempts, I got help and a smaller broken in wrap. And then this happened:

Miles in Girasol Chococabana Size 5

A high and tight Double Hammock. Wow I felt amazing, unfortunately this was before bedtime, so it didn't get much use. But from this moment on I had confidence in my wrapping abilities, which is very important. Once you are confident, you don't get as stressed, then your baby doesn't get stressed either. It really makes for a great experience. I cannot express to those who have never wrapped how amazing it is is when you get the passes just right, it is something that you have to experience. Not only will you be proud of your skills, but you can snuggle your wee one for hours and not feel the slightest bit of weight.


If you are a seasoned wrapper you understand what I am talking about, and if you are just starting out you will get there, don't worry! (It won't take too long either)

1 comment:

  1. I found being confident is what I needed before I could try a new carry in PUBLIC. It is easy enough to try and wrap and fail at home, but very intimidating to feel like you are giving wrapping a "bad name" by getting it wrong at the mall.

    ReplyDelete