Thursday 21 February 2013

Sleepy Baby Snuggles

Miles in Girasol Chococabana Size 5

It is hard as a parent when your child passes through the phases of life, having to let go of who they were before and accept who they are now. You really have to challenge yourself to live in the moment, which I found to be difficult in the first year of Miles' life. I kept pining for those newborn cuddles and getting excited for the next milestone. I think it was when Miles turned 4 months old I decided to live in the present and really enjoy what he was doing at that moment. So now I am chasing after an energetic, talkative, funny toddler and only sometimes do I miss my little newborn.


Miles in Girasol Chococabana Size 5 
When I miss that newborn phase, where he would spend countless hours sleeping on my chest I turn to babywearing. For the most part he is still just as silly on my back chatting (obviously non-sensical gibberish) and waving to every single stranger and animal and car we see. But every so often, when I time it just right, I get my newborn snuggles with my big man. When he naps on me, my heart gets full and nothing could wreck my day. 

Miles in Girasol Chococabana Size 5

I know most people think having a 20 pound toddler sleeping on you for an hour and half would be awful, but they are wrong or probably had the wrong carrier for them if they tried it. It seems like most weekends when my husband and I want to go out for a nice breakfast, we end up going at Miles' nap time. Luckily, he falls asleep in the car and I take him out and wrap him up. Then I get to eat my lovely meal with my lovely husband and soak up every bit of Miles that I can, because I know these moments are fleeting with my growing boy. 


Miles in Vatanai Solsbury Size 4

No comments:

Post a Comment